Tuesday, November 8, 2011

For which I have an appetite.

I like feeling cool. Physically and mentally. Sure beats feeling too warm or downright hot. Maybe that's why I feel more comfortable coping with a very cold winter than a very hot and humid summer. I find autumn and winter ideal in Sardinia. Because the temperature hovers between shirtsleeve and sweater weather. Just right. Makes me feel like a cool cat. At nightttime, I can sleep without a blanket. And feel cool. Which enhances sleep. When I'm back in Minnesota, I keep the thermostat on a relatively cool 60 degrees in wintertime. And I'm still able to walk around the house comfortably in shirtsleeves. I also like cool and cold drinks. Moreso than hot drinks. Though I drink espresso in Sardinia. Because it's the custom. But I settle for luke warm instead of hot espresso, with a few drops of cold milk mixed in. My Sardinian true love prefers being a little too warm than a little too cold. Which is all right. She sort of reminds me of a hot dish. For which I have an appetite. --Jim Broede

No comments: