Saturday, November 26, 2011

I covet the sensation of love.

I've left my childhood pretty much behind me. Or so I suspect. If I had any emotional scars, they're long gone. Long healed. Personally, I doubt that I had any scars in the first place. I always manage to adjust. To benefit from experience. Good and bad. I can turn a bad experience into a beneficial learning experience. Like my father's suicide, for instance. I learned a whole lot from that. That I didn't like his choice. That I prefer living. A long life. So far, I've lived twice as long as my father. With absolutely no regrets. And when my dearly beloved Jeanne died 5 years ago of Alzheimer's, I found a way to get on with life. One day at a time. I'm now living with my Italian true love in Sardinia. I love life. I'd just as soon live forever. If not physically -- well, then I can settle for spiritually. As long as I can experience the sensation of love. --Jim Broede

No comments: