Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I don't mind taking risks.

I don't like living behind a facade. Or wearing a mask. But some peoiple prefer hiding their real selves. Which I find perplexing. They practice being two different people. Creating a false public image. Because they want to be perceived as somebody they really aren't. I ask why. And often, they tell me that makes their lives easier. They are more easily accepted in their community. In their environs. Some of these people are friends and acquaintances. They trust me. So they seem to be their real selves with me. I take that as a compliment. As for me, I'm far more revealing than many others. I sort of go about naked. No facade. No mask. I'm even myself with total strangers. Open and above board. Friends caution me about that. They say it's too easy for me to be taken the wrong way. Because I volunteer too much information. But hey, I don't mind taking risks. --Jim Broede

No comments: