Sunday, November 27, 2011

I go with the flow.

I've been asked, 'When you write your blog, is it for you? Is it to get things out of your head? Or is it to connect with others?' Well, maybe it's a little bit of all three. And more. Probably varies from day to day. Each day, I write what I feel like writing. And it's common for me to sit down and write without knowing what I'm gonna write. I more or less feel obligated to write. Something. Anything that moves me. I allow the blog to evolve. Without having a preconceived idea of where it's going. Sort of like my life. After my dear Jeanne died almost 5 years ago, I thought maybe I was merely gonna mark time. For the rest of my life. But I met an Italian woman. Wonderful. Beautiful. Intelligent. And she became my new true love. And I'm living with her now in Sardinia, an island in the Mediterranean Sea. For a long time, I've considered myself a romantic idealist. And maybe this confirms it. I'm capable of falling n love and going halfway around the world to pursue and cultivate my love. I go with the flow. One day at a time. With life. With my writing. With my love. --Jim Broede

No comments: