Monday, November 7, 2011

I savor every day.

I never have a boring day. Because I'm always looking for something interesting. And I find it. Even if it's only a thought. Because a thought can be interesting. To me, at least. Maybe not to others. But really I only have to satisfy myself. I'm sort of smug. Pleased that I'm not bored. I suspect that many people are bored. With life. And that's a shame. I find life especially interesting in Sardinia. Because it's different than Minnesota. I'm immersed with Italians. And Italian ways. With the architecture. With the language. With the weather. With the food. With the customs. With the proximity to so many European countries. And to Africa. And to think it's all been made possible because I have been blessed with a true love. An Italian. A Sardinian I met four years ago. Believe me. When one is in love, life becomes interesting. I savor every day. --Jim Broede

No comments: