Monday, November 14, 2011

I'm fitting in. I feel accepted.

Maybe the nicest terrain in Sardinia are the canyons. Valleys with steep forested hills. I walked into the canyon country around Carbonia late this afternoon, and returned after sunset. My true love traipsed a little ahead of me. Sometimes, too far. I had to call. 'Slow down, slow down. So we can take in the grandeur of it all.' I didn't want to feel rushed. Anytime I'm enjoying myself, I try to make time stop. No hurry. Savor the moment. Make it last. I sat on a stone wall as my true love disappeared into the distance. And marveled. When I caught up to my true love, I announced that it was time to turn around. To saunter back. Slower than when we came. A jogger approached us. He waved, and yelled, 'Hi, Jim.' I was recognized by an Italian acquaintance. I am no longer a stranger. In this land. Sardinia. I'm fitting in. I feel accepted. --Jim Broede

No comments: