Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I'm pleading with my true love.

While I was on the stationary bicycle yesterday, my true love turned on the TV for me. To an English language newscast. And I thought, how nice. But I quickly had a horrible feeling. It was Fox News. The very thing I had left America to escape. Dirty rotten journalism. I wasted no time. Turned off the TV. I’d rather listen to Italian language news. Because I don’t fully understand Italian. Though I can often make out the subject of conversation. And I’m recognizing more and more of the politicians. Some of ‘em look putrid. Those in Silvio Berlusconi’s party. I’ve identified them as not so nice beings. The equivalent of conservative Republicans in America. And I’m happy that I’m not grasping everything they are saying. Often I can see it written in the frown on my true love’s beautiful face. And believe me, she is beautiful. Even when she’s annoyed. Anyway, that’s why I’m here in Sardinia. To be with my true love. And to more or less forget about American politics and the things that are bad about America. I’m living in another world. And I’m seeing another side of life. A side that I like. Except when Fox News comes on. I’m pleading with my true love. Don’t turn Fox News on again. –Jim Broede

No comments: