Sunday, November 20, 2011

My kind of people.

Over the years, I've known people who let litttle things upset 'em and ruin their day. Maybe even their week. Because they stew over small stuff. Such as a nonsensical spat with their spouse or a trvial disagreement with their boss. They might have had an otherwise good day. So many things going right. But they focus on the one thing that went wrong. And discount the rest. Sad, isn't it? Maybe it's that they want a perfect day. Everything going without a single hitch. Maybe that makes 'em perfectionists. But I suggest that makes 'em crazy. Stupid. And unhappy. I've told many of 'em so. A few get pissed. But some see the light. And learn to savor the good stuff and get on with building a happy life. They are my kind of people. --Jim Broede

No comments: