Monday, November 21, 2011

The nature of my romantic love.

I'm more romantic than most people. Maybe the most romantic of all my acquaintances and friends. Even more romantic than my Italian true love. Although she's very, very romantic. But it's hard to match me. And I'd have it no other way. I want to out-romanticize everyone around me. I want to be the leader. I'm fully capable of falling in love. Pretty much unconditionally. I can, for instance, accept so-called 'flaws' in my true love. Because I don't see 'flaws' as real flaws. Instead, they are some of the things that make my true love unique and extraordinary. I tell her that all the time. Even what she perceives as a flaw, really isn't. But she doesn't always believe me. Such doubts might be considered 'flaws' by she and others. But not by me. I like that she doesn't accept me unconditionally. I don't want her to. Because that's impetus for me to accept her unconditionally. She doesn't have to reciprocate. She doesn't even have to meet me half-way or a quarter of the way or one-tenth of the way. That's what makes me more of a romantic. I don't demand unconditional love from anyone. In fact, I don't want it. I need conditions placed on me in order to cultivate my own unconditional love. I want to be able to do far more for my true love than she can possibly do for me. That's the nature of my romantic love and devotion. --Jim Broede

No comments: