Sunday, December 11, 2011

In a constant pursuit.

I'm happy to be sitting in Italy at the moment. Namely, in Sardinia. With my Italian true love. I really don't miss America. That isn't to say that I dislike America. There are many things I like. Especially, in Minnesota. Where I've lived the majority of my life. Since 1965. I have good friends and relatives in America. And roots. So, in a sense, I've pulled up my roots. To change the course of my life. In my 70s. I'll be coming back to Minnesota. For maybe half of the year. Possibly for the rest of my life, I'll be going back and forth. That's nice. In a sense, I feel like I belong in both places. America. And Italy. Really, in the world, period. Later this week I'm going to Germany. To spend a week with my German cousins. Cousins I didn't even know I had until after I retired in 1998. Discovered them because I looked. Because I was curious. That's my nature, I guess. I'm curious. I was born that way. I'm a romantic idealist, too. I follow my romantic inclination. Even after my dear wife Jeanne died of Alzheimer's after 38 years of a happy and loving marriage. Thing is, life goes on. In a constant pursuit of fulfillment. Yes, happiness. --Jim Broede

No comments: