Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Overcoming the language barrier.

My favorite Germans and Italians are the ones who speak English. And don't mind that I speak very little of their native language. They are the ones that do the hard work. By having learned my language. I know the amount of effort that takes. It ain't easy. And I appreciate what they've done. Immensely. Because I have been too lazy or too stupid to learn their languages. I hold them in very high esteem. For serving as my personal translators. I readily admit to their superiority. They have met me more than half way when it comes to overcoming language barriers. And I feel obligated to meet them more than halfway in other ways. In doing them favors. I let them know if and when they come to America, they must look me up. And I will try to show them America. The part of America that I live in. I will help guide them. Show them a good time. Show them my appreciation. I will treat them as friends. And I intend to write about them in my blog. In favorable terms. Like I'm doing now. They have helped me learn very much about Germany and Italy and the world and themselves. They are very decent and obliging people and my intent is to return their favors. Twofold or threefold. --Jim Broede

No comments: