Saturday, December 31, 2011

The real reason to celebrate.

I walked 10 miles yesterday. In spurts. Starting in the afternoon. And I've decided to get started in the morning today. In order to spread out my walking regimen. I don't know if that's any better. But that's my whim. So, I'll do it. And my guess is that maybe I'll have a 17-mile day. Which I did, a week or so ago. When I walked a batch of miles in the morning. I wanna walk a long distance today. Because I'm gonna have lasagna tonight. A high-calorie supper. And maybe with spumante. The Italian version of champagne. Because my true love wants to sort of celebrate New Year's Eve. Here at home. In Carbonia. In Sardinia. In Italy. That's a nice place to be. Not necessarily just on New Year's Eve. But for all winter. Because it's relatively mild. No snow. No freezing temperature. And besides, I have my Italian true love to keep me warm. Maybe that's the real reason to celebrate tonight. --Jim Broede

No comments: