Saturday, December 31, 2011

One dimension after another.

I'm not gonna celebrate the coming of a new year. Because I'd prefer time to slow. Or even stop. So that I can better savor now. This year. The one I'm living in at the moment. I'm in no hurry to get on with next year. With the next moment. But hey, I'll enjoy the moment when it comes. I suppose there's a likely chance that time will stop. When I die. Maybe I'll move into another dimension. Where there's no time. Only forever. Makes me wonder if there's consciousness, as we know it here on Earth, in a timeless existence. Hard to grasp all this stuff. Before I was born, I wasn't able to grasp life. Not sure that I've grasped it yet. But I am grasping something. An awareness, of sorts. Could be that death is to be born again. Into something beyond human comprehension. Maybe I existed before I was born into a physical human condition. I don't rule it out. I'm trying to keep an open mind. About everything. That maybe we are continually born again. Into one dimension after another. Forever. --Jim Broede

No comments: