Friday, December 30, 2011

Making the poor less poor.

Labor. The working man. The working woman. Those working for wages. I'm on their side. I want them to be paid more. A fair living wage at the very least. By reducing the profits of profiteers. I'm not against profit. Reasonable profit. But I want a bigger share of the profits distributed to the working stiffs. Whether it be in a factory. Or a retail store. Or digging ditches. Or teaching. You name the profession. And I probably will agree that those considered to be common working people deserve more. And the big money manipulators deserve less. Yes, I'm calling for a narrowing of the gap between the rich and the poor. I want to tax the rich and give to the poor. In our global economy, seems to me that working people are being shortchanged. I admit that jobs going to Third World countries helped the poor. Increased their wages. To some degree at the expense of workers in more affluent countries. And that's all right. As long as it serves the common good. Serves workers all over the world. But seems to me that the profiteers have increased their profits immensely. They've pocketed huge profits. Obscene profits. Unreasonable profits. Some of that money should be going to the workers. To the proletariat. Instead, in our global economy the rich keep getting richer. And the poor keep getting poorer. That ain't right. I want things fixed. The right way. Let's make the rich less rich. In a way that make the poor less poor. --Jim Broede

No comments: