Thursday, December 29, 2011

So I can be with her. Not alone.

I like alone time. In fact, I need it. In order to thrive. So do my kind of people. Time to turn inward. That's why I walk alone. Most days. Miles and miles. Off by myself. Time to contemplate. I especially like to walk in the woods. Or across meadows. Off the beaten track. Where I am less likely to encounter people. I've always been that way. As long as I can remember. I've spent a large part of my life living alone. In solitude. Of course, I've also lived with true loves. Twice. But still, I carve out time to be alone. When I write, I'm very much alone. Even if people are around me. I shut them out. I seldom let them dictate what I write. Though they have affects on me. Usually in positive and upbeat ways. And that can be found in my writing. I cultivate relationships. But rarely a true love. Like I say, only twice. I cultivate friends. But they are in a separate category from a true love. My true love must know that she's special. More than a friend. Because I'm willing to sacrifice significant amounts of alone time. So I can be with her. Not alone. --Jim Broede

No comments: