Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I'm gonna savor it all.

I don't let life bother me. Every day when I get up, I decide not to be bothered with the big stuff or the small stuff. I resolve to have a good day. No matter the impediments. For instance, I'm up early at the moment. Around 4 in the morning here in Sardinia. To start my day. In a good way. By clearing my mind of any negative thoughts. Thinking positively. About the day to come. We're hitting a nice stretch of weather. Sunny days. Relatively mild temperatures. Doesn't seem like winter. Certainly not a Minnesota winter. I'll take it. Albeit, some Sardos complain. That it's been too cold. Or too wet. But not me. Even when I catch a cold on a 5-day jaunt to Germany. Where I encountered snow and freezing temperatures and delays in my flights. But still, I spent five wonderful days with my German cousins Fritz and Monika. If the price for all that was the inconvenience of a cold, sobeit. It's worth every little sniffle. And here I am, back with my Italian true love for almost 10 days now. I have everything in the world to buoy my spirits. And my life. No reason to complain. About the weather. About anything. That sets the tone for the upcoming day. I'm gonna savor it all. --Jim Broede

No comments: