Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The matter of hurt feelings.

I hurt people's feelings. When I don't mean to. Maybe because I tell them what's on my mind. Without gauging how it might affect their feelings. But that ain't necessarily bad. I can then explain that I'm sorry. If I truly am. Maybe I'm not sorry. Could be that some feelings should be hurt. Maybe that makes me a jerk. But it also can lead to a better understanding. Of each other. I suspect that some people have thin skins. And it's time for them to toughen up. To grow thicker skins. Or it could be that they lack a sense of humor. They take stuff/life too seriously. Instead of feeling hurt, they should be laughing. It's impossible to get through life without hurt feelings. But I've learned to be hurt less and less. Maybe it's that I have learned that people are funny. Especially overly serious people. They seem to hurt the most. They often make me laugh. And I know that's hurtful. But still, I laugh. --Jim Broede

No comments: