Saturday, January 7, 2012

A strange and elusive thing.

Sometimes I like to get up at 4 in the morning. Just to collect my thoughts. Even though I don't have any particular thoughts on my mind. But I always figure some thoughts must be hidden away. All I have to do is turn on my thinking apparatus. And now I'm thinking that back in Minnesota, it's only 9 p.m. on Saturday. Hasn't turned Sunday yet. Though it's been Sunday here in Sardinia for 4 hours already. Goes to show that time is a strange and elusive thing. I can look into the sky. And see light that left thousands and even millions of years ago to reach planet Earth. That's how long it took for the light to travel here at a speed of 186,000 miles a second. Could be the light left a world that doesn't exist any more. I find this fascinating. Makes me wonder if it's possible to capture light that's gonna shine at some time in the future. Before the future arrives. Though I have no compulsion to know the future. But maybe if I were god I have the ability to ordain the future. And if so, I wonder if I'm able to intervene. And actually change the future. Or would it be easier to change the past? And create alternate lives. By merely entering another dimension. Anyway, goes to show that almost anything can pop into my mind at 4 in the morning. --Jim Broede

No comments: