Saturday, January 7, 2012

A dreamer, too.

I know people with illnesses. All sorts of illnesses. Mental. Physical. Illnesses that eventually will take their lives. And others that will go away. Be cured, so to speak. We are all ill at one time or another. Usually, many, many times. Too numerous to count. For instance, it ain't unusual for me to catch a cold/virus two or three or more times in a year. And I deal with it. Because I know colds go away in a few days. But if a cold were to last for two or three years or even become fatal, I'd have more difficulty coping. So I can imagine how one would feel with an illness that's gonna be lethal. Some day. Guess it's all about dying. And the way and time it's gonna happen. Nice to stall the inevitable date. But many of us cope, I suppose, by imagining eternal life. Life that goes on forever. In a spirit world. Or another dimension. That's the basis for many religions. If not all religions. I live a life of imagination. In a sense, that makes me religious. Or spiritual. Makes me something hard to define. I'm capable of living in sort of a fantasy. Maybe even in a dream. That's my nature. Not only am I a romantic idealist, a political liberal, a spiritual free-thinker and a lover. But a dreamer, too. --Jim Broede

No comments: