Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Let's all be personable.

Sometimes, I'm accused of being too personal. About myself. And about others. Right here in this blog. But seems to me I'm not personal enough. See, I like being personal. To tell what's going on in life. My life. And other lives. I'm consumed by life. By happenings. By people. Especially the people I encounter. People close to me. They intrigue me. Fascinate me. Little wonder that I write about 'em. To some extent. Of course, I also respect their privacy. I don't tell everything. For instance, you don't even know the name of my true love. None of your business. Maybe I tell too much. But I don't think so. Because I'm telling about life. The story of life. As I see it. Meaningful stuff. And some of it happens to be personal. But how else can I write about life without being personal? Very personal. There's nothing more personal than real life. And so many aspects of life. The intimate, as an example. But that's where I draw the line. I don't share intimacies. They are to be shared with only one other. But one can be personal without being intimate. I wish more people were personal. Sharing their lives. Even with strangers. Maybe out of curiosity. How else to get to know a stranger? Than getting personal. Early on. If not from the start. Yes, let's all be personal/personable. With each other. --Jim Broede

No comments: