Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Francesco always seems happy.

I consider Francesco a friend. Because he's friendly. To me. We don't speak the same language. He speaks Italian. I speak English. When I need a favor, Francesco is usually there to help. Such as dropping me off or picking me up at the airpiort in Cagliari. He's also my Italian true love's handyman. Yes, he's very handy when it comes to repairs around the house. Francesco also works for the forestry department in Carbonia. And I often see him planting trees when I go for walks. We recognize each other. Even from a distance. And Franceso waves. The last time Francesco picked me up at the airport, I managed a little bit of a conversation. In Italian. I asked him if he was happy (allegro). And he replied, 'Sempre.' I didn't understand the word. But I later asked my true love for a translation. Means always. That's one of the things I like about Francesco. He always/sempre seems happy and upbeat. --Jim Broede

No comments: