Monday, January 23, 2012

No more middle class.

I'm on a mission. To save myself. And all that I endear. And I need help. People who care. Other than me. I have a feeling that other people don't care. We are living in an age of everybody for himself/herself. A selfish age. No longer focused on the common good. It's survival of the fittest. Which means the richest. Ain't right. And I know it. But doesn't seem like I can do much about it. Because I'm only an individual. And a member of the fast-fading middle class. I'm feeling more powerless every day. As I retreat to my cocoon. When really I should be on the battle line. Risking my life. It's really my life and your life. Going down, down, down. Because some how, some way, the power has been wrested away from us. By the oligarchs. By the rich. By the money manipulators. They have taken control. And we are living in a sad state of affairs. Many of us don't know it. Because we have been hoodwinked. Hypnotized. Lulled. Made indifferent. I'm starting to feel overwhelmed by the tide. Swept out to sea by the undertow. We are all drowning. The entire middle class. Only the rich and the poor will be left. No more middle class. --Jim Broede

No comments: