Monday, January 23, 2012

Missing the America I once knew.

I sense that America is facing a crucial time. A make-or-break moment. Politically speaking. If Republicans dominate the next national election, and win control of the White House and both the Senate and the House, I'm writing off America. Seems to me that I'd be in the mood not to give a damn any more. I'm living in Italy now. And maybe I'd want to make Italy my more permanent home. I'd miss America. The America I grew up in. In which there was a real middle class. In which there was much less of a gap between the rich and the poor. Unfortunately, we Americans have allowed a corporate takeover of our country. It really isn't our country any more. It belongs to the rich tycoons. They have bought/bribed our elected representatives. A few progressives/liberals are sounding the battle cry and alarm bell in the coming election. Including Barack Obama. If they lose, and the ultra conservatives win, America won't be my America any more. I'll miss America. Tne America I once knew. --Jim Broede

No comments: