Monday, January 30, 2012

Not knowing. That's a pity.

I fix things. I’m a problem solver. That is, when it comes to mental matters. I’m not a handyman. I don’t do repairs around the house. Or deal with anything mechanical. But if something is bothering me mentally, I get to it. I solve the problem. Poste haste. Usually, before I go to bed. Because I like to sleep with a clear mind. Knowing how to deal with life. I’m able to solve other people’s problems, too. By making suggestions. But most people with mental problems don’t wanna listen. That’s why they have mental problems. They have few listening skills. Therefore, they languish. Don’t get to the heart of the matter. I’d make a good psychoanalyst. I’m an amateur at it. But a darn good one. I practice a whole lot. Especially on myself. I can be brutally honest. I can take it. But other people – well, it’s difficult for them to be truly honest with themselves. Because it often hurts. Actually, it can be devastating. Seems to me that’s one of humankind’s biggest problems. People running around. Without a clue. Wandering aimlessly. Everybody should have a psychoanalysis. A true understanding of themselves. Few do. They go through all of life. Not knowing. That’s a pity. –Jim Broede

No comments: