Wednesday, January 25, 2012

On keeping an open mind.

When my dear Jeanne had Alzheimer's, I was able to talk to her right up to the end. In her language. Everybody has a language. At least sort of a language. Even dementia patients. I think it'a amazing how some of 'em can be reached. Maybe toward the end, it's more a language of touch. A look. A sound. Or maybe it's merely a breath of fresh air. Or a ray of sunshine. Never, never give up on reaching a dementia patient. Maybe even after they die, they can still be reached. In a spiritual realm. Maybe their thinking becomes clear again. Consider all of the possibilities. My Jeanne has been dead for five years. But that doesn't mean she ain't still alive. In a way other than physical. I try to keep an open mind. About everything. --Jim Broede

No comments: