Thursday, January 26, 2012

Once again, I am blessed.

Here in Italy, I'm sort of living on the outside edge. Because I don't speak much Italian. Just a few rudimentary words. Still, living this way is better than nothing. I'm still learning Italian ways. Italian culture. It's different. And fascinating. I'm still a curious observer of life. And I have my Italian true love. She not only speaks English, but teaches it in Italian schools. She also teaches English literature. Shakespeare and others. I'm proud of her. In addition to being in love. It's been my good fortune. To come to Sardinia. And to live with her. And to have her come to Minnesota. It's a very nice back and forth. Something I never dreamed I'd be doing after my dear Jeanne died of Alzheimer's five years ago. Thought I'd just mark time for the rest of my life. Well, if this is marking time, give me more and more of it. Instead, it's life at the zenith. Wonderful life. Life lived fully. One day at a time. Savored. Appreciated. Doesn't matter if I'm on the edge. I'm seeing and experiencing the grandeur of Italy. Once again, I am blessed. --Jim Broede

No comments: