Thursday, January 26, 2012

The ultimate in tranquility.

I'm no good at performing music. Singing. Dancing. Absolutely no talent in that regard. But still, I've learned a rhythm. A smooth rhythm of life. The way I flow. Comfortably. Slowly. Wasn't always that way. Used to be herky-jerky. Like many people I know. No real rhythm. Don't know for sure what changed me. Maybe I learned to relax. When I fell in love. Twice now. I let myself get carried away. Flowing naturally. Maybe it's that I have discovered spiritual orgasms. Just the opposite of physical orgasms. Tranquility. That's what I have. The kind of peace that comes with floating on a cloud. Drifting. A physical orgasm lasts for a few seconds. But a spiritual orgasm -- well, it lasts and lasts and lasts. For a long time. Think of the kind of music that typifies a physical orgasm. Maybe Ravel's Bolero. Or Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture. Music that comes to a bombastic climax. But a spiritual orgasm might be accompanied by the adagio/slow movement in Beethoven's 9th Symphony. The ultimate in tranquility. --Jim Broede

No comments: