Tuesday, January 10, 2012

To be mistaken for a bum.

I don't care what people gossip about. Even if it's about me. And even if it's wrong. Because gossip is mostly silly stuff. But I have friends and acquaintances that abhor gossip. Especially from busy-bodies. My Italian true love is one who detests gossip. Because gossip often deals with private stuff. And private stuff should be private. As for me, I don't give a damn about my reputation. Yes, I have a thick skin. The other day, I was wearing a spotted jacket. Which looked a little bit dirty, I suppose. And I got the message that people might think I was a recluse or homeless or a derelict. Which would not bother me in the least. Because I know I'm a clean-cut, responsible guy. Really, the equivalent of a dashing, handsome Italian gentleman. And to be mistaken for a down-and-out bum -- well, that's funny. Especially when I think so highly of myself. --Jim Broede

No comments: