Friday, January 6, 2012

True love rates ahead of the Cubs.

I'm being lured back to the USA. Not by any improvement in the political, economic or social systems. But rather, improvement in the Chicago Cubs. Seems to me the Cubs are on the upswing. Because of moves being made by new management. Changing the Cubs culture. For the better. From loveable losers to, presumably, loveable winners. With young ballplayers. Sort of a rebuilding of the baseball team and organization. We Cub fans have been waiting for a long time for a World Series winner. Ever since 1908. Anyway, I'm coming back from Sardinia by the end of February, so that I can spend March with the Cubs in spring training in Arizona. Means I have to leave my Italian true love for a little while. She'll be busy teaching school in Sardinia. But when we are separated, we connect daily by audio/video on Skype. She is my most beloved. I even put her ahead of the Cubs. She gets my devoted attention 365 days a year. Some days, I don't even think about the Cubs. --Jim Broede

No comments: