Saturday, January 14, 2012

Why I was put on Mother Earth.

Take advantage of life. Rather than let life take advantage of me. Guess that's what I'm trying to do. Living life one day at a time. To the best advantage. Living part of the year with my Italian true love in Sardinia. Where I am now. And part of the year back on my old stomping grounds. On a lake. In Minnesota. With my true love coming over to stay. For the summer. Of course, life doesn't last forever. That's the only drawback. But that's a plus, too. In that it prompts me to live one day at a time. Making the best of each day. And not worrying particularly about the long-term future. Because after one dies, there may be no future. Nothing. That's the pessimistic view. But I can more or less shunt that prospect aside. As long as I'm focused primarily on today. On now. That's sort of my philosophy of life. And since I'm living in retirement, and I'm a writer, I write what and when I please. Such as this blog. I stay active. In my own way. I'm also a romantic idealist, a spiritual free-thinker, a political liberal, a lover and a dreamer. That's my multiple profession. My bottom-line, I suppose, is the pursuit of happiness. Seems to me that's what the founders of the USA deemed to be very important. And it's one reason why I stay flexible. About where I live. I think that to some extent, America has let me down. Though I also can concede that maybe I've let America down. I could do more. I could be more politically active. But an individual can do only so much. I can't change the system. It's too overwhelming for an individual. And therefore, I have to make decisions. Such as not wasting my time on politics. Instead, I pursue happiness in creative ways. By focusing on love. Of my true love. And of life. That's why I was put on Mother Earth. --Jim Broede

No comments: