Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Brings me closer to my true love.

I'm wearing two wrist watches. The one on my right wrist indicates the correct time in Sardinia, where my Italian true love lives. And the watch on my left wrist shows the time in Minnesota. Where I am headed at the moment (Feb. 9). Minnesota is seven hours behind Sardinia. I've become very conscious of the difference. Because when I'm away from Sardinia, I contact my true love. Daily. And I'm not about to rouse her at 3 in the morning. She won't appreciate it. Anyway, when she's getting up in the morning, I'm going to bed. A perfect time to dial in Skype, our audio/video connection. Also, I usually connect at 4 p.m. Minnesota time. Because that's her bedtime -- 11 p.m. in Sardinia. Skype qualifies as one of the wonders of the world. It's free. Except for the initial computer software. I also connect to my true love's land phone via Skype -- for less than 2 cents a minute. Books I read as a youngster listed the seven wonders of the world. Now there are hundreds. Maybe thousands. Wrought by amazing technology. And many more to come. Not sure that I like 'em all. But hey, anything that brings me closer to my Italian true love is a plus. --Jim Broede

No comments: