Sunday, February 26, 2012

Easier than living in America.

Allow me to quote from Maureen Dowd's column in Sunday's New York Times:

''Santorum, whose name aptly comes from the same Latin root as sanctimonious, went on Glenn Beck’s Web-based show with his family and offered this lunacy: 'I understand why Barack Obama wants to send every kid to college,' because colleges are 'indoctrination mills' that 'harm' the country. He evidently wants home university schooling, which will cut down on keggers.

His wife, Karen, suggested that her husband’s success is 'God’s will' and that he wants 'to make the culture a better culture, more pleasing to God.'"

That's right, folks. The far, far right has taken over the Republican Party. All of the GOP's presidential hopefuls are trying to prove that they are more conservative than the next guy. It's insanity. They have flipped out. They have become religious zealots. They can't see the world beyond their noses. And they think they can win this way. That they can take over America. And run the show. If that happens, I'll be out of here. Gone. Gone. Gone for good. Never to come back. I don't wanna live in an insane asylum. I want to be free. And not let the inmates run the asylum. Just because they hold the majority. I don't wanna be part of an insane nation. Gone berserk. I have neighbors. Crazy neighbors. Willing to vote for the likes of Rick Santorum. My own congressional district in Minnesota has already elected Michele Bachmann. Not once. But twice. And lord knows, it'll be a third time if she runs again. I pride myself in being a liberal. And I've often boasted that I live in Minnesota because we're liberal. More liberal than the rest of the nation. We even elected liberal Paul Wellstone to the U.S. Senate. But that was long ago. In the past. Before Wellstone was killed in a plane crash. Now I'm forced to put up with the stench of Michele Bachmann. Sad. Sad. Sad. And with the stench of devout conservative Catholics and Protestant Evangelicals that adore Bachmann. And Santorum, too. It's too much for my delicate nostrils. Give me the fresh air of Paradise. In Sardinia. In the Mediterranean Sea. Home of my Italian true love. Ah, yes, there's a world outside of America. I may have to learn to speak Italian. Which won't be easy at my ripe old age. But it'll be easier than living in an America that's capable of electing a Rick Santorum or a Michele Bachmann or a Newt Gingrich or a Mitt Romney or a Ron Paul or a Sarah Palin or a Rick Perry or almost any Republican. --Jim Broede

No comments: