Saturday, February 25, 2012

I'd rather be me.

People tell me that my way of living won't work. For them. Maybe so. But still, that doesn't stop me from touting my way. It works. It works. It works. For me. And all I'm saying is, 'Hey, folks, find a way. Your way. A way that works. For you.' And if you have been searching and searching and searching, and still haven't found a way -- well, then try my way. You haven't got anything to lose. I live as a romantic idealist, a spiritual free-thinker, a liberal, a lover, a dreamer. I like those roles. Allows me to thrive. Maybe you'll thrive in the opposite pursuits. Maybe as a conservative and a realist that never dreams. If that's what it takes to turn you on, go for it. Some people thrive as idiots and Republicans. That's their thing. Their calling. And I respect them for it. For being themselves. For being idiots and Republicans. Some of 'em have become rich bankers and frequently elected politicians. Even millionaires and billionaires. Successful in their own minds. Who am I to say that they aren't superior? But such a life for me would be crappy. I'd feel like a failure. I much prefer being a lover. More so than being a millionaire. Yes, I'd rather be me. --Jim Broede

No comments: