Saturday, February 25, 2012

I like my story.

Things don't always go the way I want 'em to go. Leaving me disappointed. But I try to not get too emotional over it. Because usually I had no control over the outcome. So if it affects me in some inconvenient or negative way, I have to learn to live with it. And to make adjustments. In my life. The same goes for others. For my friends and acquaintances. Their lives don't always unfold perfectly. And when something goes awry, they too often get highly upset. Causing a great amount of anxiety. I try to be a calming influence. By reminding everyone that most everything that happens in life falls short of life and death situations. Things can be fixed. No need to overreact. Most situations could have been far worse. And in the grand scheme of life, it ain't gonna matter much. Because one still has the opportunity to cope. In positive fashion. And to get on with life. And to live reasonably happy ever after. Just like in a fairy tale. The Grimm Brothers and Hans Christian Anderson couldn't have written it any better. Take me, for instance. I'm living sort of a fairy tale existence. I like my story. I look forward to the unfolding of life. --Jim Broede

No comments: