Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I'm in for a rude awakening.

I'm up and at 'em at 4 in the morning. On Thursday. My Italian true love thinks I'm crazy. That I shouldn't get up until 6. But I am preparing to catch a flight today to Paris. From Sardinia. And I like to do everything slowly. No rush. I want more than enough time. So I can do everything in slow motion. Reduces the stress of traveling. I'd rather have time to wait around. And to observe the goings-on around me. I have almost a full day layover in Paris. Before I hop a flight back to the states. To Chicago. Then to Minneapolis. Not sure how I'm gonna get around in Paris. Whether it be by bus or subway or taxi. I'll play it by ear. Knowing I have lots of time. Maybe I'll check into a hotel. Maybe not. If it were summertime, I could spend the night on a park bench. But it's winter. And cold. Below freezing in Paris. I'm dressed for winter. With a sweater and a winter coat. I've been spoiled by the relatively balmy wintertime temperatures in Sardinia. Now I'm in for a rude awakening. Minnesota. The frozen tundra. --Jim Broede

No comments: