Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The pursuit of happiness.

I'll take life anyway I can get it. Which is usually a nice way. Even in bad times, it's still possible to be happy and grateful. Even when my dear Jeanne had Alzheimer's. It was rough going for a while. But I learned to enjoy my role as care-giver. After I started getting daily respite. I made care-giving an 8-10-hour-a-day act of love. And that was gratifying. Rewarding. Made for a nice life, really. By making my dear, sweet love a little bit more comfortable. Maybe even happy. That's what life is all about. The pursuit of happiness. Jeanne and I pursued happiness for 38 years. Together. Jeanne has been gone for five years. But I'm still happy. And living a grand and glorious life. Half of the year with my Italian true love in Sardinia. The other half in Minnesota, where my true love also comes to stay in the summer. Yes, life is good. That is, if one learns how to pursue happiness. Even under trying conditions. --Jim Broede

No comments: