Thursday, February 2, 2012

It's embarrassing.

My second winter in Sardinia. And seems this one is colder than the last. But still, not cold by my standards. After decades of living in Minnesota. I have yet to experience a freezing temperature or snow in Sardinia. Though I'm told it occurs in the mountains. Oddly, many Sardinians dress like Minnesotans in the winter. Stocking caps. Mufflers. Gloves. Heavy, padded coats. Makes me laugh. They look over-dressed. I wear a light jacket. A sweater. But I'm feeling a bit colder. Maybe my blood has thinned. Because I haven't experienced a Minnesota winter for a while. I have become a sissy. A Sardo, the masculine word for a native of Sardinia. My true love is a Sarda. The feminine. She's a sissy, too. Wears a heavy, bulky coat. Like an Eskimo. It's embarrassing. --Jim Broede

No comments: