Thursday, February 2, 2012

Only good spirits. I love 'em all.

A loving relationship. Maybe nothing better than that. Not two, three, four loving relationships. But one. That's all I can handle. One at a time. I've had two truly loving relationships in my lifetime. One lasted for 38 years. Until my dear wife Jeanne died of Alzheimer-related stuff. Now I'm into my second one. For about four years now. Guess that's what keeps me going. Love. I'm a romantic idealist. Didn't know it until I fell in love. Though 'falling' may not be the right word. Love is far more than 'falling.' It's a continual floating or drifting. A continual nurturing. Never static. Always in motion. Something new. Every moment. Every day. Brings a vitality to life. I can't fully define love. Any more than I can define god. In some ways, love is elusive. Hard to pin down. I know it. I feel it. Deeply embedded in my spirit. That's another thing hard to define. I know. I have spirit. Ain't physical. That's wonderful. Because that brings me to awareness. Of another dimension. Far beyond my physical being. Another sense of existence. And consciousness. Come to think of it. It's all right to love more than one spirit at a time. I love all of the good spirits ever encountered. Makes me wonder if there's such a thing as a bad spirit. I think not. Only good spirits. I love 'em all. --Jim Broede

No comments: