Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I'm living. Every moment.

I like getting up at any hour of the morning. Like today. I'm writing at 4:30 a.m. Makes me feel free. Because the clock doesn't dictate my impulses. I hardly notice the time. Also, I'm able to go to bed. Whenever I feel like it. I'm retired. Been that way since 1998. Anyway, I adjust. To my circumstances. I'm living primarily in Sardinia. A province of Italy. In the Mediterranean Sea. With my Italian true love. But at the moment, I'm residing in my longtime dwelling on a frozen lake shore in Minnesota. And next week I'll be in Arizona. Watching Chicago Cubs exhibition games. And living with my daughter. And I won't pay much attention to the clock. Other than being at the ballpark by 1 in the afternoon. And it won't matter whether the game lasts for 2 hours, or 5 hours. Or if the game gets rained out. I'll find something else to do. Maybe go for a walk. In the desert. Or maybe I'll just sit in the stands. With an umbrella. Reading the New York Times. And sooner or later, every day, I'll connect with my true love. On Skype. Or by telephone. Or by email. Could be we'll connect at any moment now. Because though it's 5 a.m. in Minnesota, it's noon in Sardinia. She'll be having lunch soon. And I haven't even had breakfast yet. I prefer to wait. Until we connect. Then I'll make an espresso and a piece of cinnamon toast. Maybe that's why I'm up. Because my true love lives in a different time zone. In a different part of the wonderful world. Doesn't matter. We still make time for each other. At almost any time. By the way, my blog is on Pacific Coast time. Makes it 3 a.m. When it's 5 a.m. in Minnesota. And noon in Sardinia. Like I say. Time doesn't matter. Because I'm living. Every moment. --Jim Broede

No comments: