Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Professing my love.

l like sitting down and writing a love letter every night. Just before I go to bed. It's a nice upbeat way to end the day. Puts me in a good mood. Reminds me that I am in love. I take the time to do it. When I am in Minnesota. And my Italian true love is in Sardinia. But I don't take the time to write the love letter when I'm with her in Sardinia. And I should. Of course, I could spend the time on Rosetta Stone, learning Italian. But I'd much rather be writing a love letter. Albeit, in English. Funny, isn't it? Much easier for me to write a love letter than to practice my Italian. Maybe it's that the love letter comes more naturally. Because I am genuinely in love. But don't tell me my priorities are out of whack. Love comes first. That's the way it should be. I'm fascinated and captivated by this feeling of love. Makes me feel good. And relaxed. And at peace. I wonder what makes others feel good and relaxed and at peace. Is it love, or something else? Often, when I fall asleep at night, I'm thinking of my true love. And how lucky I am to have her in my life. That makes for a restful sleep. And it's also nice to think of how I met her. And how the loving relationship has developed. Progressed. Sometimes, it almost seems unbelievable. Almost too good to be true. Maybe that's why I am at ease. Comfortable. I felt from the beginning that it was meant to be. And therefore, I am supposed to just let things happen. Naturally. One day at a time. To just go with the flow. And that's exactly what I've been doing. For 52 months now. Wow! And I feel no weakening of the love. It gets stronger all the time. Inside me. So here I am. Professing my love. My favorite way. In writing. --Jim Broede

No comments: