Friday, February 17, 2012

Only thing I know for certain.

Six days after returning from Sardinia, I'm still living in Sardinia. In terms of my sleep cycle. Up at 4 in the morning here in Minnesota. Because it's almost noon in Sardinia. A 7-hour difference. Wonder how long it's gonna take to fully adjust. My body keeps telling me to go to bed and to get up at weird times. Hardly ever sleep for eight straight hours. But still, I feel good. About life. And I've carried over my routine from Sardinia. By walking 10 to 12 miles. Daily. And today, I'm gonna buy a new bicycle. Because my old one went kaput. Last fall. Just before I left for Sardinia. Turns out that Minnesota had the mildest winter in a long, long time. Only three days of sub-zero temperature. And only 14 inches of snow. Yes, all winter. I could have been bicycling virtually every day. Maybe there's something to global warming. But then again, last winter was one of the snowiest and coldest on record. Maybe weather goes in cycles. Just like my sleep rhythm. Depends on where I'm living. Only thing I know for certain. I'm in paradise. All of the time.--Jim Broede

No comments: