Friday, February 17, 2012

The real Don Juan.

I feel a little like Don Juan. Only I'm not. Because I've had only two true loves. In my entire life. But I have multiple women friends. There's a difference between a friend and a true love. Makes me wonder about Don Juan. Whether he was a true blue seducer. Or if his primary goal was merely to cultivate friendships. With women. Rather than outright loves. Maybe he didn't bed all those women. Maybe that wasn't his aim. He just wanted to be a romantic gentleman. That's the way I look at Don Juan. Rather subjectively. From my own personal perspective. In my lifetime, I've hardly ever had a close male friend. Instead, I have women friends. So much easier to relate to women. Generally, they have a far more romantic impulse than men. Not all of 'em. But my kind of woman does. Women are different. No doubt about it. Mostly in nice ways. I'm comfortable with my women friends. Even those that aren't friends -- well, I like them, too. But they act too much like men. Maybe that's why they are acquaintances. Not friends. --Jim Broede

No comments: