Thursday, February 16, 2012

Red berets. Yes, very French.

If I were a terrorist, I'd probably dress like an armed French soldier. In Paris. At Charles de Gaulle Airport. I'd blend right in. I saw plenty of armed French soldiers, dressed in nifty camouflaged uniforms, walking in groups of three, throughout the airport. They were carrying what looked like machine guns. The weapons pointed down, thank gawd. I assume they were loaded. Made me wonder if there was a terror alert. Or if these patrols have become routine in France. Looked like the soldiers could respond. Immediately. In case of trouble. Interesting world we live in. Maybe only time before soldiers are patrolling more than airports. But streets. All over. Maybe in our restaurants. Our libraries. Our schools. We'll be an armed camp. Worldwide. I like the soldiers headwear. No helmets. But neat looking red berets. Yes, very French. --Jim Broede

No comments: