Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Ain't easy.

People tell me that I too often write about things I shouldn't write about. Things that are too personal. But I disagree. Life should be far more personal than it is. I wanna know what lies beneath. Everyone that I meet. Instead, people hide behind cloaks. They don't want other people to know them. Truly know them. They live secretive lives. Maybe because they are dishonest. And that's shameful. They know it. And so they hide their shame. But I'm not afraid to be naked. I've grown accustomed to being highly personal. In my dealings with people. That's my way of showing respect. Dealing honestly. Being forthright. When I go to bed at night, I want to be able to say that I lived an honest day. That I put forth real effort to be a decent human being. Of course, I'm still trying to define decency. Ain't easy. --Jim Broede

No comments: