Wednesday, March 28, 2012

An adventuresome existence.

I was born to think. That's the first thing I do when waking in the morning. Think. Think. Think about lots of things. But mostly about being alive. I become aware. Of existence. My existence. And of my environment. And the world, in general. My best days are spent thinking. Almost round the clock. I wasted the early years of my life. Because I was incapable of thinking. I hadn't yet mastered language. And maybe I'm still relatively illiterate. Because I have yet to master a spiritual language. I'm still a novice. But at least I'm headed in the right direction. Or so I think. Could be fooling myself, of course. But I'm dedicated to cultivating the art and craft of thinking. That's the primary reason for being on Mother Earth. To think. And to record my thoughts. To make sense of everything. Even though that's impossible. I suspect that not even god thinks sensibly. That god is feeling his way. Through life. That god is just as stupid as the rest of us. At best, god has only a speculative idea of where he and the world is going. Which means that god lives tentatively. One day at a time. And each tomorrow comes full of surprises. Which makes for an adventuresome existence. --Jim Broede

No comments: