Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A fascinating place.

I'm headed back to Minnesota today. After 18 days in Arizona. And I'm thinking that's where I'm most comfortable. Minnesota. Because I've lived there so very long. Since 1965. Though I split my time mostly between Sardinia (with my Italian true love) and Minnesota. I like the idea of being a world traveler. Going all over Europe. And to Iceland, which also is considered a part of Europe. I get around. Born in Chicago. But raised in Wisconsin. Spent most of my three-year army stint in Germany. And worked for several years in Florida. But still, my favorite spot is Minnesota. Where I feel most relaxed. When I'm alone. Of course, I'd rather be with my true love. And I am. No matter where I'm living. Because we are connected. Daily. No matter where I am. Thanks to modern technology. Sometimes, though, I wonder if that inundates us with too much knowledge. Used to be we didn't know what was going on in the other side of the world. Or if we did, we learned about it long after the fact. But I ain't gonna trade the new ways for a return to the old ways. Because I've invented my way. When necessary, I create a cocoon. And crawl in. I create my own world. Believe me. It's a fascinating place. --Jim Broede

No comments: