Thursday, March 1, 2012

I wanna talk to Methuselah.

I'd like to interview Methuselah. That is, if there ever was such a guy. Maybe he was merely mythical. He was supposed to have lived for 969 years. Wow! Hard to imagine. That's why I'd like to talk to him. And inquire if he ever got tired of living. Bored with life. And did he eat a low-fat diet? And did he ever get sick? And what about exercise. I'd think that after a century or two, he must have been in pain. With arthritis. Hard for me to imagine what he looked like. I'd like to see photos of him on his 100th and 200th birthdays. And how did he avoid getting Alzheimer's? He must have had good genes. Maybe when Methuselah lived, there were very few people on Earth. And not much, if any, disease. And a better living environment. Oh, so many questions. I wonder if Methuselah ever had a faint idea of what life would be like in the 21st centruy AD. Meanwhile, I try to imagine what life was like when Methuselah lived. Maybe I'll pretend to know Methuselah. I'll ask him. --Jim Broede

No comments: