Thursday, March 1, 2012

I'll try to live. To the fullest.

Growing old isn't as bad as I once thought it would be. Thing is, I haven't got a choice. As long as I want to live. It's better than dying young or in middle age. Reaching 76 has made me more appreciative of life. I'm grateful. That I'm alive and healthy and in love. And able to live abroad half of the year. With my Italian true love. I'm fortunate. In that I've lived long enough to retire. Not everybody gets that opportunity. And I'm making the most of it. By not getting too far ahead of myself. By living one day at a time. Savoring every day. Another thing. I've learned to be me. I know who I am. And I like me. I also like a chosen few people around me. Friends. Acquaintances. But especially my true love. I have a yearning to live forever. But knowing it won't happen. And I may ultimately not want to live any more. If I become ill and incapacitated. I'll deal with that when the time comes. Meanwhile, I'll try to live. To the fullest. --Jim Broede

No comments: