Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I have the same right as god.

Don't get me wrong. I'm in love with life. Even though I abhor much of what goes on in the name of life. Such as war. I just try to shut out the bad stuff. For a while. For a day at a time. And make the most of life. In positive ways. Today I'm sitting at a picnic table. In the shade. In the Sonoran Desert in Arizona. In peace and tranquility. Putting aside what happened the other day. In Afghanistan. The senseless slaying of 16 Afghans by an American soldier. I can't allow the bad stuff to bother me for long. I have to get on with life. Living. Loving. Embracing the precious moments. Knowing that shit happens. But I ain't gonna allow it to disrupt my day in the desert. Or to disrupt my day tomorrow at a Chicago Cubs spring training game. I'm gonna be happy. By crawling into my cocoon. And shutting out the rest of the world. I have no control over what happens in Afghanistan or Washington or Timbuktu. Maybe even god almighty himself has no control. Or at least has chosen not to take charge. Therefore, I have the same right, too. To act like god. To take the day off. So that I can truly enjoy and love and savor life. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Aysh said...

Good idea. Seems like the world is falling apart at the moment! Is nice to just sit back and rest your mind sometimes and remember the things that make this world beautiful.