Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A way to drive the GOP crazy.

I'll vote for Barack Obama again. Even though I'm a little bit disappointed in him. He could be more gutsy. That would make me happier. But what do I know? I trust the guy. Gotta assume he knows what he's doing. I'd rather have Obama in the White House than any Republican. I preferred Obama over Hillary Clinton. But now I wonder if Clinton would have made a more effective president. We'll never know. I supported Obama, in large part, because he's black. I like black people, generally. I like the black culture. Black people have had to learn to cope. Against discrimination. Against unfair treatment. Few black people get fair treatment in our society. That includes Obama. Sure, he got elected president. Which is a wonder. But he's been treated unfairly and unkindly. By Republicans. Primarily because he's black. Republicans tend to be racists. They'll deny it. But that's no surprise. Because Republicans also tend to be liars. Obama has put up with unfair treatment. Maybe because he's black. Black people are used to it. I wish Obama would get royally pissed. But he knows that won't do any good. He has learned to persevere. Because he's black. He's had to do that all his life. And still find a way to get ahead. A way to succeed. Despite his blackness. And what black man has done it better? Obama has a Harvard education and he's the president. That annoys many bigots/Republicans. They detest Obama. Because of his success. They think that black people should know their place. And that it ain't in the White House. Because the White House is suppose to be reserved for white people. That's the way our founding fathers wanted it. When it came to racial matters, the founding fathers thought pretty much like modern-day Republicans. With rare exception, they were racists. They also denied women their basic human rights. Republicans still do that. They consider women to be inferior beings. That's why I'd like to see Hillary Clinton become president some day. Maybe after Obama completes his second term. She knows how to deal with male chauvinists. I wish Obama would dump Biden as his vice president. In favor of Clinton. That would enhance the Democratic ticket. And make the Democrats almost unbeatable in the 2012 election. I like the combination. A black man and a white woman. As our supreme leaders. That'll drive Republicans and bigots crazy. --Jim Broede

No comments: